- I am looking for a growing and dynamic company where my drive to succeed and determination to produce results will help me and your company grow. I put pride, honesty and determination in everything I do. I am looking for a company which will embrace the diversity I have to offer. Travel is welcome.
Nov. 2012-Present NRG Alternatives Belleville, ON
Director of Technical Services – LED Lighting and Solar solutions
- Lighting Layouts, 3D renderings and Lighting Analysis using AGI32, DiaLux, and AutoCAD.
- Marketing, office documentation development and website design using, Adobe Photoshop, Dreamweaver and Illustrator.
- Developed full day (5hrs) LED Lighting Training Course, presented to sales force and others interested as required.
- Sales, Technical Sales, sales support and technical support.
- Co-Managed the development of our ROI calculator using Microsoft Excel, developed to give accurate return on investment reports and prepare a proposal document for our clients.
- Finial inspection of all Proposals, Quotes, Layouts and product selections before delivering to our clients.
- Prepare samples, perform basic wiring – fixtures, mock-ups, etc. and participate in all tradeshow activities.
- Product Research and Relationship development – Manufacturers, Sales Teams, and Agents.
- Office Operations including; shipping and receiving, inventory control, storefront layout and design, book keeping (Quick Books), and general office duties.
2011-Present CHADOVISION Belleville, ON
Owner – Consulting and Development (LED Specialist)
- Work with companies to help train/develop sales networks and new territories.
- Help develop tools needed to boost sales and sales networks.
- Freelance AGI32 & DIALux (photometrics), 3D/2D CAD, webpage and logo development – see: www.chadovision.com, www.grainofyoga.com, www.nrgalternatives.com, www.sullivanauctions.com, and www.oiltechrustcontrol.com
- Manual labor, hauling, maintenance/handyman, landscape and deck design.
Oct. 2011-Sept. 2012 HARVISTOR CANADA Picton, ON
Product Manager/ CAD Manager – Design and Engineering – Small (VAWT) Turbines
- Design, develop and manage all CAD related files, ensure all CAD models are up to date and to design intent.
- Work with sub-contractors, Colleges, Universities and government agencies to develop relationships, produce products and utilize expertise.
- Project Manager of our in-house wind site engineering services, as well as develop 3D site layouts used for sales and fluid dynamic studies to determine turbine height and locations for each unique site.
- Manage Design, Reliability, Performance teams within Harvistor, currently 3 staff.
- Supervise all purchasing activity and report to the board of directors.
- Supervise and support all marketing, promotional and overall look of the company
- Prepare and present presentations for board members and potential clients.
Jan.-Aug. 2011 MODA LIGHT – Las Vegas, NV. USA Home Base – Belleville, ON.
Regional Sales Manager – Architectural LED Lighting Manufacturer
- Managed the performance, development, and built face to face relationships with lighting manufacturing representatives across Canada and Latin America.
- Develop and train new agent network, fill holes in territories where we have not had pervious representation. New Territories Signed: Puerto Rico, Caribbean, Central America, Mexico, Manitoba and Saskatchewan.
- Developed/prepared multiple MODA LIGHT product presentations. Presented these presentations across Canada and Latin America, as well as prepared and presented MODA LIGHT’s first ever Webinar for our Mexican Specifiers which reached out to more than 18 different companies without leaving the office.
- Presentations ranged from 15 minutes to 1 and a half hours. Including Power Point, picture slide shows, live product demonstrations and webinars. Content included MODA LIGHT products, LED training and info as well as DMX and color changing knowledge.
- Developed the first MODA LIGHT Sample Kits.
- Managed my own schedule, booked own flights, hotels, rentals etc. and organized all meetings and presentations.
- Provided AGI32 photometrics where needed for all the sales and support staff.
2009-2011 Illumivision Inc. – Edmonton, AB Home Base – Belleville, ON.
Territory Sales Manager – Architectural LED Lighting Manufacturer
- Managed the performance/development and built face to face relationships for over 24 manufacturer representatives across Eastern Canada, South Eastern USA, and Latin America
- Developed new agent network including three new provinces, four new states and Latin America where we had no representation in the past.
- Worked as back-up for Regional manager’s North East Territory, and grew personal Territory Sales to over $1 million in 2010 from $150,000 in 2009.
- Prepared and presented 100’s of Illumivision product presentations across North America.
- Developed Line drawings, Photometrics, 3D renderings and programmed DMX controllers to support clients where needed. I became a valuable customer resource.
- Staged multiple trade shows across USA and Latin America.
2002-2009 Magna International – Autosystems Belleville, ON
Advanced Engineering Optical/Mechanical Designer – Automotive Lighting Manufacturer
- Interact with Customers and Suppliers regularly to find new opportunities , technologies and companies to aid in the development in new products
- Use 3D modeling software, Optical Software and other tools to develop and fine tune new and innovative optical prescriptions for Exterior Automotive Lighting applications.
- Deeply involved with the mechanical and electrical development of new products and prototypes.
- Coordinate and perform photometric testing and analysis.
2000-2002 Rexcan Circuits Inc. Belleville, ON
Front End Engineering (trainer) – Printed Circuit Board Manufacturer
- Train and provide support for all new Front End Engineering Employees
- Using PCB CAD software manipulate the data received by customer for abide by all ISO, UL, IPC and military specifications.
1995-2000 Nortel Networks Belleville, ON
Manufacturing Coordinator (Engineering Technologist) – Telecom Manufacturer
- Provide a technical control over the manufacturing of telecom systems.
- Troubleshoot and streamline all bills of materials, and all process issues. Train operators, conduct informational meetings and technical support for all quality issue.
- Part of the Quality Information Team. Train operators and troubleshoot any issues regarding quality label systems.
- Contracted for 6 months to transfer line to new facility from Belleville to Billerica (Boston) MA. Worked with team leaders and Engineering to ensure proper processes and procedures were followed.
1992-1995 Sir Sandford Fleming Peterborough, ON
- Electro-Mechanical Engineering Technician (Robotics)
- Electro-Mechanical Engineering Technology (Robotics)
- Sales: Technical, Specification, Contractor/Distributor, Territory Development;
- Modeling software: Autodesk Software including: AutoCad, Inventor, Publisher, Showcase, 3Ds Max, and others, FreeCAD, Catia V5, Unigraphics, NX3, and Solid Works;
- Optical Software: DIALux, Acuity Brands Software, ASAP, AGI32, Photometer (Goniometer) and other optical tools; DMX programming: Pharos, Sunlite, Ecue;
- All Microsoft software, Adobe Acrobat, Photoshop and Illustrator, ability to effectively train and support new employees, clients and customers.
- Personal Aptitude: I have a great deal of experience working with people, and excelling in different working environments, as well as working on my own. I work as well with my hands as I do on a computer. I am a quick study and able to adapt to many different situations. I pride myself as a jack of all trades type of person. I take ownership in my projects, I volunteer and pitch in where ever is needed to get the job done. My work ethics, versatility and team leadership is a valuable addition to any team. I have been a team leader or trainer in almost all of my roles.
- Ultimate Frisbee, camping, canoeing, hiking, geo-caching, running, snow shoeing, x-country skiing, traveling.
- I have recently passed my Canadian Firearms and Canadian Restricted Firearms Safety Courses and my acquired my Possession and Acquisition License.
- Adept with computer maintenance, website development, social networking, carpentry, woodworking, deck building, landscaping, home repairs, wiring, computer repair, home theater setup and install, general maintenance and cooking.